Internships at NFHC
To assist in the educational process of candidates, Northland Family Help Center offers internships to qualified students. NFHC derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern. Interns are not paid and are not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship. We accept interns for Bachelor’s Level internships, as well as Master’s Level Counseling internships.
Interns must be students working in an educational program for college credit.
Interns also need a campus sponsor and must be required to fulfill a specific number of hours training/working in a suitable work environment.
- Student interns must be at least 18 years of age.
Shelter & Community Education Intern Process
- Intern Applications will be submitted to Human Resources.
- The supervisor in charge of the prospective intern will verify with the college, the applicant’s viability as an intern in an internship program.
- Suitability of the candidate for an internship will be determined after an interview and reference checks.
Graduate Counseling Intern Process
- Internship applications for Master’s Level Counseling & Social Work students consist of Resume, Cover Letter and NFHC Intern Application.
- For MSW students, a NFHC Counseling internship is a better fit in the concentration year versus the foundation year.
- Counseling Facility Intern applications are accepted at all times of year.
- All internships are a hybrid work environment with combined in-office and remote work, and include at least some telehealth service delivery as an aspect of the work.
- Due to the nature of our program, we are often only able to accommodate part time internships
- We regularly plan far ahead with interns. For example, we are often completing our search for Fall semester interns in the previous mid-March. But, please to not hesitate to inquire about internship, no matter the timeframe, as things vary from time to time.
- Send application materials, as well as any counseling internship inquires directly to our counseling internship coordinator at BKollath@northlandfamily.org
Download Intern Application
If you have any further questions, please contact:
Phone: (928) 527-1700